My New View: <b>Can You Hear It???</b>

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Can You Hear It???

Ssssshhhhhhhhh...when all is still I can just make it out...listen carefully with me...can you hear it???? Listen...there it is...the gentle hum of a 25 horsepower outboard motor purring as the boat gently follows the bank...the water gently hissing around the hull as it cuts thru the small waves...the birds singing as they seek a place to rest out of the suns glare.

Can you hear it? Isn't it a wonderful sound?

Can you smell the exhaust of the engine?

Can you see the smile on my face as I wait patiently for the fish to strike?

It's coming dear friends...it's close enough that I went through my tackle box last night...it's only 3 days - Friday through Sunday...but it'll be enough...for now. With all that's been going on, I'm taking my Dad fishing for the weekend. We're gonna stay in a hotel that we used to stay in every summer when we went up as a family, we're renting a boat on Saturday to go fishing for bass and northern (note to self - put fresh batteries in the GPS) and Sunday we're going trout fishing with a guide who is the son of the guide my Grandfather used to hire.

I guess Dad's excitement for the weekend away is a little contagious...LOL!! Oh well...I'm gonna enjoy my view today as I start to plan out the clothes I need to pack...hope you get to enjoy your own view...

Who links to me?