Hard Lesson Learned...
Tema no lo que sé, pero lo que puedo aprender -
Fear not what I know, but what I can learn.
This morning my Son learned a hard lesson...one that I would have spared him learning for several years still if I could...he learned that the Truth is precious and not everyone is capable of telling the Truth.
Someone very close to my Son lied to him and this morning he caught them in their lie. I don't think that he's ever going to trust that person again. The lie was even over something stupid...the person that told it should have known that the Truth would have been understood...now there is a wall between them that I don't think he will ever let collapse. The biggest problem is that the person who lied to him doesn't realize that he knows he was lied to...they think everything is ok and I don't want to get involved...is that the wrong thing to do?
I just feel that they need to work it out among themselves...I think my Son needs to deal with it in the way he feels is best. Is that expecting too much out of him?? Am I doing the right thing by staying out of it or am I creating further problems by not getting involved?
Why don't children come with Instructions??? 'Here you are...a happy, healthy baby...and your instruction manual. We highly suggest that you take great notes on chapters 1 thru 18 before you leave the hospital. This is your best shot at doing it...the next 18 years are pretty much a wash as far as time is concerned.'
All I am truly sure of through this entire thing is that tonight I have to explain a hard concept to my boy...Veritas Nunquam Perit...Truth Never Dies. I know he's capable of understanding, I just wish that he didn't need to learn this so soon in his young life.
Enjoy your view today and this weekend....


