In The Beginning...
The past couple of posts I've done a lot of talking about my Son...yet I've never really talked about the woman that gave me such an amazing gift...not even on the other blog that I kept before this one. The other site was full of pain and anger because of the newness of the divorce process...this site has always been about finding my way now that many things have changed in my life...neither place really seemed right to discuss the topic. LOL...the topic...I suppose that's better than the nickname that my 2 oldest friends in this world have taken to calling my Son's mother...they (and now all who know me) refer to her as TB - short for The Bitch. I think perhaps it's time to tell some of the tale.It was early October...I was a newly activated Brother in a Fraternity, my days of hell as a pledge behind me, and I was at a House function. My House had a rule that said you had to be at any function for an hour or be fined $100...having a test the next morning and being broke, I showed up an hour early so I could leave just as things were supposed to begin.
As I was going up stairs to let the President of the House know I was leaving, I had to pass the front door to do so, the door opened and 2 of our Little Sisters (a group of girls that helped with social event planning) walked in...followed by what appeared to me to be the most amazing set of eyes that I had ever seen. The huge brown eyes drew me in and the only thought running through my head at that point was 'Damn...I've got to meet the person attached to those eyes...'
So, to make a long story a bit longer....I wound up staying and talking to her all night. When the time came and everyone was leaving, she handed me her phone number and told me that I had better call her in the morning. Well, I did and that began our dating.
Things were ok between us for a while, then things started to change...suddenly my Family...my rock in a crazy world...was not good enough for her. She began sniping at my mother and sister...conflict was building quickly....yet through it all I turned a blind eye because I thought I loved her. Things finally built to a head where it came down to me having to choose between my Family and her...I was young...I was stupid...I made the wrong decision and cut off contact with my Family for 2 months. They were the longest 2 months of my life. During that time, I started to really look at our relationship. I realized that it wasn't what I wanted...my Family didn't approve and I missed them...so I was going to end things with her.
The day I was going to tell her...she tells me that she's pregnant with my child. Being young...stupid...and a man with an overly developed sense of Honor, I not only stayed with her...but I gave her my name so that my child would have a set of parents. Regardless of how I felt about her...in my mind, it was the right thing to do. Hell...it's only 18 years until the kid is grown...I'll get the divorce and live my life then.
I would have stayed too. I know that I will never find out why she decided to do it but I guess that she finally realized that I was never going to love her or share her bed again and she decided to file for divorce just before my Son's 6th Birthday. At the time it hurt and angered me...but looking back I realize that it was the best thing that had happened to me in over a decade.
So this ends the beginning...I hope it hasn't bored you all to tears. I'm still enjoying my view today...I hope you all do too.


