My New View: <b>Prescription Filled</b>

Monday, July 17, 2006

Prescription Filled

Last night after I dropped my Son off at his mother's, I was feeling more than a bid down. I spent some time talking with a friend and felt a bit better...but when I took the advice I was given and went out for a nice dinner and to do something that I enjoy doing, just for me...I felt restored.

So I guess the purpose of this post is to say 'THANK YOU' to my wise friend. Without your pushing me to go do something for me (besides dinner), I probably would have just come back home and sulked. By getting out, I had the chance to release that stuff pent up inside...just like you knew I would.

What does Mr. G. do when he's out by his lonesome, you ask?? Well, I started with a nice meal...grilled salmon, garlic mashed potatoes and spinach in garlic...paired with a fantastic Merlot that the Sommelier recommended. Then I decided to go and play a little 9-ball. Now, I haven't played in over a year...and it showed. LOL. However, after a couple of vodka martinis, I really didn't care how badly I sucked anymore...no, I didn't get drunk - just a little loose. I played for a good 3 hours and then decided to call it a night. Went home, had a couple tall glasses of water and crashed for the night...it's a damn good thing I remembered to set the alarm clock last night because I would have slept forever today...I've gotta remember not to do that on a 'school night' any more...I'm not as young as I once was and being up late when I've gotta be up early is worse than being drunk.

So...again 'THANK YOU' my friend...your prescription worked wonders. Even being a little tired, I'm enjoying my view today.

I hope you all get to enjoy your own view...

Who links to me?