My New View: <b>One Thing</b>

Thursday, June 08, 2006

One Thing

Today's post could and probably should be about trying to deal with both my shame for being an idiot last night and trying to deal with the anger and hurt from a friend as a result of admitting my sheer stupidity this morning...but it isn't. Instead today's post is about something I heard on the radio on the way to work.

The station that I was listening to was debating the Meaning of Life. As they were talking the scene from the movie City Slickers came to mind...if you've seen the movie you know the one...if not - one character describes the Meaning of Life as "Just one thing. That one thing may be different for each person, but when you find that one thing...you'll know the Meaning of Life." (For the record...they played the clip from the movie just as I was thinking about it or I wouldn't have remembered the words.)

I turned the radio off and started to think about this for a little while...and I believe that I'm on the trail to finding my Meaning of Life. So far I've been able to figure out that my Meaning of Life is not riches or fame...it is not even the adoration of my Son...it could be the love and laughter shared with Friends and Family....it might be being always completely and totally brutally honest with myself and others...it might simply be to just be me.

I'm going to take some time today and see if I can't find my one thing. Enjoy the view and good luck finding your own one thing...

Who links to me?