My New View: <b>Best Laid Plans</b>

Friday, June 02, 2006

Best Laid Plans

I wasn't planning on posting anything else until Monday...but this picture spoke to me...reminded me of an old Glen Campbell song called the Wichita Lineman...I'm posting the lyrics below so that if you aren't familiar with the song you'll understand. I think the song is definitely worth digging up if you've never heard it...

I am a lineman for the county
And I drive the main road
Searching in the sun
For another overload
I hear you singing in the wires
I can hear you through the whine
And the Wichita lineman
Is still on the line

I know I need a small vacation
But it don’t look like rain
And if it snows
That stretch down south
Won’t ever stand the strain

And I need you more than want you
And I want you for all time
And the Wichita lineman
Is still on the line

And I need you more than want you
And I want you for all time
And the Wichita lineman
Is still on the line
This will really be it for me...other than maybe sneaking a peak at everyone that I read over the weekend...until we talk again...enjoy your view.

Who links to me?