Where did the strong, energetic, vibrant woman that I love go? When did the tired little old lady who had given up on life appear?? You have always been an island of strength in my world... my Grandmother by your choice, especially after Grandma Em passed on... to see you sitting there, head hanging low... eyes devoid of their sparkle... seeming to struggle to keep from falling asleep during our half hour visit... has being ill truly broken your spirit? When did you decide that your life was not worth fighting for any more?
You have taught me well over the years. I will not be selfish and ask you to fight on... regardless of the sorrow that your leaving will cause. If you have truly decided that now is your time... time to join your beloved husband, gone these many years... then all I can do is pray that your end is as beautiful as your life.
I love you Aunt Byrd.


