Make Me An Offer...
Yesterday, I had my first face-to-face interview in almost 5 years...God how I hate interviewing!!!I suppose everything went fairly well, I met with the HR person for over 2 hours and at the end she said that she wants to have me come back and speak with the VP of HR when he returns from vacation in 2 weeks. They'll call to set up an interview time. This company manufactures educational programs and the job will be similar to what I had been doing. All said, the job is closer to home, pays more and is familiar...not a bad combination.
While I'm waiting though, I am going on another interview with a different company on Monday morning. This will be a face-to-face follow-up on the phone interview that I had with them yesterday. This position will be doing the same types of tasks that I had been doing, just in a different industry - this company manufactures medical implants. This job is also close to home and pays more...learning a new industry will be a bonus.
Whatever happens...I'm looking forward to going back to work...soon.
I've gotta' run now...I've got a ton of errands that had been pushed aside to catch up on. Until we talk again, Friends...I hope that you get to enjoy the views before you. I'm enjoying my own.


