It Happened...
Yesterday, my boss walked into our offices expecting another stressful day... waiting to hear if we still had jobs at the end of the day...she put her purse down on her desk and popped her head into my office to say good morning and check on the status of a couple of ongoing projects...and she was tapped on the shoulder by the HR Goon Squad. A brief walk to HR and a half hour later - I no longer had a boss... she was allowed to pick up her purse and some other personal belongings, but after that she was escorted out of the building without being allowed to say good bye.The HR Goon Squad came for me almost 2 hours later.
My official date of separation from the company will be July 6th... so until then I get to spend my time submitting my resume to companies and trying to schedule interviews... oh yeah, relaxing and enjoying each stress free day too. If for some reason I can't find anything by the 6th, then I get to file for unemployment and continue my stress free job search.
My one concern yesterday has been relieved this morning. I was horrified that TB would use this as an excuse to not sign the papers and end this damn divorce finally. However, according to my lawyer she still intends to sign the papers this week (he talked to her lawyer this morning). I know... I know... I'll really believe it when I see it, but she blinked when we threatened court... so I am hopeful... I think the money well from her parents is finally running dry...
I hope that you all get the opportunity to enjoy the view before you today... I definitely am going to enjoy my own.


