My New View: <b>Raising A Ruckus</b>

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Raising A Ruckus

It's been a while since I've felt the need to gripe about anything...with the exception of this damn divorce still going on, life's been pretty good to me lately...but this morning, TB did her best to make me need to vent.

Today my Son had a doctor's appointment that I made for him so we could get a second opinion about some physical therapy that he's going through as a result of an injury back at the end of October. The physical therapist had made some recommendations regarding the course of treatment and I thought that they were a bit extreme so even though TB was taking my Son back to the doctor that prescribed physical therapy, I wanted to get a second opinion from my orthopedist. A week ago, TB's doctor said that the physical therapist was off her rocker and the treatment was not necessary, but I still wanted to keep this appointment (better safe than sorry). Well, to make a long story even longer...TB carries medical insurance for my Son because he resides with her (for now) most of the time. The doctor that we saw today accepts her insurance, so if the insurance was billed I would have only had to pay $10 for the visit. Yes, my darlings I said 'if'...TB refused to present the insurance information, so getting a second opinion for the health and well being of my Son wound up costing me $150.

Then in addition to this little act of selfishness on her part, TB had the balls to hand me a copy of the bill from the visit to the other doctor and tell me that I owe her half. I handed the bill to my Son and told him that he could write on this piece of scrap paper that I didn't need. Then TB started to try to argue with me about my unwillingness to aid in getting my Son to his 'Buddy Baseball'.

Buddy Baseball is an adaptive version of the game for children who are so severely mentally and physically handicapped that they can not participate in 'normal' baseball. Everyone fields (with the assistance of a 'normal' assistant (Buddy)) and everyone on the team gets to bat each of the 3 innings. There is no score keeping, no-one is ever out, there are no winners and there are no losers. THIS IS NOT BASEBALL!!! BASEBALL IS ABOUT WINNING AND LOOSING - IT IS PREPARATION FOR REAL LIFE!!! THIS IS NOT AN APPROPRIATE ACTIVITY FOR MY SON!!!! MY SON DOES EUCLIDEAN GEOMETRY AND IS READING (AND UNDERSTANDING) ROMEO AND JULIETTE!!!! MY SON IS NOT PHYSICALLY HANDICAPPED!!! WHY DOES TB NOT GET THIS???

I managed to keep my cool while TB was raising her ruckus and I avoided any arguments in front of my Son...but this is FAR from over. As soon as I get done with this, I'm calling my lawyer and demanding a new court date as soon as possible. This shit MUST end!!!

I feel better now that I've got this out...sorry if it ruined your ability to enjoy the view before you today...I'm not letting it ruin mine, anymore.

Who links to me?