I Should Have Known Better
I really should have known better. I should have held my tongue. I should never have written that there were a couple important dates coming up in my future. I should have just shut the hell up and gone with the flow.Instead I opened my mouth and spouted off about how wonderful everything was....TB had a deadline...the papers either were signed or they weren't and we were in court...either way, things would finally have been over tomorrow...you seeing a pattern to the words I'm using yet??
Late on Thursday, my lawyer was involved in a conference call with the Judge and TB's lawyer. The outcome of this call was that TB has an extra 2 weeks to get the signed paperwork to me before we go back into court. I'm not sure if the Judge is giving TB this extra time so that she can hang herself with non-compliance or if it's because (as my lawyer said) the Judge reviewed my financial reporting and is trying to save me the extra expense of going to court. Either way...it all boils down to the same thing - I opened my mouth and now I'm paying the price.
I know better...really I do...but I got so caught up in the joy of this nightmare almost being over that I just went with it. So now I'm going to just sit here quietly and gaze out at the view before me...trying to still my mind while I wait for what may be final paperwork....whenever it finally gets here.
As always, I hope that each of you are able to enjoy the view before you. Please know that I'm thinking of each of you...I promise to be back soon.


