A Thousand Apologies
I hope that you all can forgive me...I haven't been the most attentive blogger-buddy in the world the past couple days and I probably won't be for the next couple either.Last Thursday, my lawyer and TB's lawyer met to discuss the case prior to our court date on the 14th. My lawyer was told that he was to leave the moment that TB's lawyer started saying anything other than 'My client has signed (or is willing to sign) the document.' You see...TB has already been told by the judge that a directed verdict against her will be entered if we show up in court on the 14th, so at this point in the game I don't have to and I'm not going to negotiate anything.
Late Friday I heard from my lawyer, who said that TB's lawyer says she's willing to sign the settlement. Normally this would be good news, but we've been in this situation on 7 other occasions and each time TB has backed out of the agreement at the last minute. I told my lawyer that the only way I would agree to the settlement at this stage of the game was if we received signed paperwork from TB before 8:30 AM on Friday. Why 8:30 AM on Friday?? Simple, I'm entitled to a minimum of 72 hours to review any paperwork prior to responding. Since we're in court a week from Wednesday I need to reply yes or no on Monday so if necessary we can be in court. If the paperwork is changed from the original document (other than the date and TB's signature) or if the paperwork is late then we're going to court.
I'm having trouble focusing on much of anything else...admittedly my new diet and meditation are helping a little, but not enough.
Again...sorry for my Claude Rains impression (bonus points for anyone that can tell me what I mean by that reference). I hope you all are enjoying your own views...mine is filled with the hope that this is finally over...and that's a good thing.
Labels: Apologies, bonus points, end of the painbow?


