It's Almost Here!!!
It's finally almost here. It's been gone way too long. No...not my sanity...that's beyond hope of return...and no not the end of the damn divorce...that's getting beyond hope of arrival...but SPRING!!!!Yes, Spring! That wonderful, magical time of year when all the plants start growing, the trees get their leaves, the weather begins to warm and I begin to have wanderlust. Right about this time every year there's a little part of me that begins to chatter in the back of my mind about throwing clothes into a bag, grabbing every cd I can find, throwing some fishing tackle into the car (just in case I find a river somewhere), gassing up the car, picking a direction and just driving.
It doesn't matter where I end up...I'll find something to do wherever it is...in fact, half the fun is not having a destination in mind....just me, my trusty Rand McNally Road Atlas and the open road. Pulling off the road into nearly deserted rest stops to pee and decide where to point the car next...driving until I'm too tired to keep going and trying to find a place to sleep for the night, just to get up and do it all over again in the morning (ok, maybe early afternoon...depends on how late I allow myself to sleep.)...
I love this time of year...


