My New View: <b>Here I Sit...</b>

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Here I Sit...

Here I sit...contemplating the first few hours that I am officially a year older...thinking back across all that the past 12 months have held...the good...the bad...the indifferent.

I've had relationships change...some are continuing to grow..others have changed the course they traveled...while I cherish the place that each is now, I look forward to seeing where each of them go over the coming year.

I've finally heard The Band start playing the final bars of my Divorce Cha-Cha...this dance has been going on for far too long and I'm just plain tired...I look forward to dancing to my own tune.

I've proudly watched my Son growing and thriving...spending time with friends and family...becoming even more of his own person.

I've quietly stood aside as my oldest friend in the world let his wife isolate him from almost everyone that he knows...she's managed to keep him from talking to everyone that stood up for him at their wedding - except me. No matter what she does - she will never be able to fully drive me from his life...we've known each other for far too long...we became family too long ago.

While I may not have reached the Place of Perfect Tranquility that is promised in Zen Teachings...I am well on my way down the path.

No matter what the year ahead may hold...I look forward to each new morning and all that the day may hold.

I am happy...

I am whole...

Most importantly...I am me.

Try and enjoy your own view today, my friends...I am absolutely going to be enjoying mine.

Who links to me?