His New Delta Nickname...
Many of you will recognize the title of this post as a reference to the movie Animal House...anyone that doesn't needs to go and find a copy and watch it this weekend. No, I don't get a kickback from the movie distributors....consider this my contribution to your continued blossoming as a person. Everyone around you will thank me for having you watch this iconic film.Ok...none of that was the purpose of this morning's post....I really should have myself tested for ADD sometime soon...WOW - what a pretty sunrise....
Last night, I took my Son to an Ice Cream Social at his school. As soon as we got there, he was swarmed by what appeared to be every 3rd grade girl that was there. This mass of giggling little girls surrounded my Son and dragged him to the middle of the playground where the DJ was set up so that he could dance with them...all of them. I tell ya' the boy is so smooth that as he's being dragged off I hear him saying hello to each of the girls, by name, and complimenting them on the outfits that they changed into after school. Talk about having a learning moment...this kid at 8 has moves that I still don't have...LOL!!
So while I'm standing at the outskirts of the dance area, with all the other parents, I get approached by a couple of the little girl's Daddies...all that ran through my head was - God please help me get through this in one piece. Each of them commented that my Son was a common topic of conversation at their houses...it seems that he has at some point or another enchanted each and every girl in his grade level.
Therefore, it is my pride (as a former Pledge Master and his Daddy) to provide my Son with a new nickname. From this day forward his new Delta nickname will be...Silky - because he's just too damn smooth...
Enjoy your view this weekend everyone....I'll definitely enjoy my own...


