My New View: <b>Letdown...</b>

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Letdown...

Not since I was a kid at the holidays have I felt as letdown as last night. You know the feeling...you are so sure that you're going to get exactly what you want...so sure that something you have hoped for is going to happen...so sure that things were just going to be perfect...then you open that package and in place of that shiny toy you were expecting - yup, you remember, it was socks...ugly ones...

Well, last night was kinda' like that for me. I had my heart set on a quiet night...just me, sitting in my backyard under the overhang of the house watching the cool fall rain. I love watching the rain...I always have. Everything looked perfect, it was what most would call a miserable night...rain fell most of the way home. Traffic sucked, people looked grumpy...I was loving it. I stopped to pick up some dinner and by the time I got home, the rain had stopped.

Hoping that it was just a lull in the rain, I still sat outside and had my dinner...enjoying the smell of freshly fallen rain...waiting for it to start raining again any moment. I waited all night. Finally, at about 10 PM, I decided I had waited enough and went to bed...without the rain I had been looking forward to.

So...that was my night...I suffered through the biggest letdown since I didn't get Rock-em-Sock-em Robots for my 9th birthday...mostly because this one was self-induced. However, as they say - today is a new day...with it I get another chance to enjoy my view...and yup, you know it - I am absolutely going to. Hope you all enjoy your own too.

Who links to me?