What did I miss??
Ok...it appears that somewhere along this journey I missed something important. I was always under the impression that surfing required some very basic and simple equipment...swim attire, perhaps even a wetsuit depending on where you are, a board and perhaps most importantly WAVES...big ones.Well, somehow I missed the boat on this one (sorry couldn't help it). It appears that you don't need big waves in order to surf...I offer into defense of this statement the following...this weekend is the 18th Annual Dairyland Surf Classic held in Sheboygan, Wisconsin. Don't believe me...click here for information on the events.
Can someone please, please, PLEASE explain to me how in the world there is such a thing as SURFING in SHEBOYGAN, WISCONSIN????
I've spent many years living near the lake that these people are going to be surfing in...yes, Lake Michigan is as big as the English Channel and yes, you can get some decent sized waves (I've been in some really nasty stuff while in a boat running from bad weather), but you have to go out towards the middle to see anything that should be surfable, but the largest that waves get by the shore is maybe 3 feet high at their crest in really nasty weather. Where are the waves supposed to be coming from for these people to surf on???
What did I miss??? It's almost worth the couple hour drive for me to check these nuts out...almost. Who knows...maybe my curiosity will build tomorrow while I'm playing hookey from work...
Oh well....if I don't stop in tomorrow, have a fantastic weekend!!! I'm spending a lovely 4 day weekend with absolutely nothing planned. Try and enjoy your view this weekend...I know that I'll be enjoying mine!


