My New View: <b>Royal Summons</b>

Friday, August 25, 2006

Royal Summons

My Son and I have been summoned to appear before The Gram tomorrow morning for breakfast. I admit, it's been a couple of weeks since I've seen my Gram, but we do speak daily. So it kind of caught me off guard a bit when she called me last night, just 2 hours after we had talked.

As I answered the phone the first thing I hear is..."You are coming for breakfast tomorrow morning, right?" I immediately figure that I've forgotten something important and as I quickly scan through the calendar, I cleverly stall for time...

"Um...Gram, you do know that it's a Boy's Weekend this week, right?"

"Yes, I want my eldest great-grandson to join me for breakfast - you can come too. That won't be a problem, will it?"

I think to myself...Gee glad I can be there too, I would hate to give the car to AN 8 YEAR OLD...wait - how can I get out of this, the food at her building dining room sucks...Shit, this is a Royal Summons - I can't get out of this...

"Absolutely not, Gram. What time should we be there?"

"9:30. Do you remember where My Table is?" I swear I always hear it in caps each time she says 'My Table'.

"Of course, Gram."

"Good. Don't be late." *CLICK*

As I realize that I have been hung up on I began to wonder what's going on, so I call my siblings. They each received a separate Summons, my sister for lunch tomorrow and my brother for dinner. The last time that we received separate Summons like this, it was to tell us that she was about to have a procedure done...so I checked with Dad next. He was unaware of the Summons that had been issued and was unaware of anything bad that we might be getting told, so I'm just going to enjoy the time with my Gram.

I'll be around at odd times this weekend, just to check in on everyone. Hope you all get to enjoy your views...I know I will be enjoying my own.

Who links to me?