Sound
It occurred to me today that all sound, not just music, has a direct effect on the way we feel and how we act. This brain-storm wasn't caused by a lightning strike or one of those absurd little cars with the 4" open pipe at the end of their muffler...it was triggered by an early morning call from TB.Typically there are certain people that I can expect calls from at certain times of the day...so when my phone rang just before 7 this morning, I didn't look to see who it was - see my mistake yet?? For the second morning in a row I have had TB call and yell in my ear because she is apparently suddenly incapable of getting my Son out of bed and ready for school. For the second morning in a row I have had the shrill, whining, loud, obnoxious voice of TB echoing in my ear - blaming me for her inability to parent. Needless to say, my mood was less than stellar when I finally hung up. I turned on the radio hoping for a song that would change my mood for the better since I hadn't even made it to the office yet...no luck. I grabbed some of the CDs sitting in the car....nothing looked good...so I thought about this for another moment or two and realized that what I needed was to talk to someone that I know is always going have a smile in their voice and would be around to talk so early in the morning...you know - use a good force to offset the bad...things cancel each other out and the day starts fresh...
I ran a quick scan on the card-file in my head and called a good friend at work. As soon as the phone was answered, I knew that my day was not just starting fresh...but it was getting a huge push down the trail to being a great day. Within seconds, my friend had me smiling and actually looking forward to the day ahead of me...even though I have to be here at work. I don't remember if I thanked my friend or not for the smile that they loaned me...if I didn't do it on the phone - THANK YOU!!! I hope you know how much it means to me.
I'm now set to enjoy the rest of the day...I hope you all get to enjoy your own view.


