My New View: <b>Decisions</b>

Monday, October 30, 2006

Decisions

Late Friday, I got a call from my lawyer. It turns out that we now have TB on the ropes...her lawyer was unprepared for us to tell him to stick his settlement and even more unprepared for us to demand a trial because she has failed to negotiate in good faith. Her lawyer was not prepared for us to have papers ready that demanded everything...her money, sole custody and residency, half the value of her home...in fact - he turned pale and asked us to prepare a settlement for him to put in front of his client before the trial date 3 weeks from now.

Needless to say...I had a lot of thinking to do this weekend. This morning finds me still undecided. I have until 4PM today to decide what course to take and I'm torn. Part of me wants to take the opportunity to end this quickly...send a settlement that will be accepted as written...yet there is another part that wants to force the trial...to make TB pay for all the crap she's put me through...to take my Son out of that environment - even though this course exposes him to all the ugliness that I've been trying to shelter him from for the past 3 years.

I've got lots of questions...I'll hopefully get answers that I can live with when I meet the lawyer today at 4. I hope that I can make up my mind...each path has it's merits...each path has it's detractions.

Until tomorrow....try to enjoy your view.

Who links to me?