My New View: <b>In Darkest Night...</b>

Monday, October 23, 2006

In Darkest Night...

This morning as I sat here thinking about what to post...I got a call from one of my sales representatives. During our talk he made a reference to me being 'more vigilant than Green Lantern'. Having been a HUGE fan of Green Lantern comics as a kid, I took this as a compliment and thanked him. I've been thinking about Green Lantern since.

The sentient beings that wore the power rings and were members of the Green Lantern Corps were individuals who were "utterly honest and born to overcome great fear"...I always admired that the Green Lantern's powers were based solely upon his will to do the right thing. They were guardians of the light in an ever darkening universe.

I may not have the ring...and I sure don't wear the tights...but in my own way I am as much a Green Lantern as Hal Jordan (the 2nd Green Lantern). I spend each day trying to help hold back the darkness, in myself and those I care for. Some days it is all power of will...others it's a simple smile that does the trick...but I will always do whatever I can to be that source of light.


"In brightest day,
In darkest night,
No evil shall escape my sight.
For those who worship evils might,
Beware my power...
Green Lantern's light!"


I'm going to recharge my ring...caffiene calls...while I'm off, try to enjoy your views...I'll be enjoying my own.

Who links to me?