The Path...
Preface: I've started and stopped this post today three or four dozen times. Each time I start to write freely from what's inside it starts to drift and ramble...so I try to reign it in and it collapses. It's not that I need the post to be perfect, but I do need it to be accurate. To let it wander and maybe eventually get to my point would be to do injustice to myself and my topic. The seeds of my post had been fermenting when I read what DG had to say this morning...and with his approval I will be using some of his thoughts here...as needed. Ok...here we go...quiet on the set...cameras to speed...sound...and...take 49...action!!!As human beings we are hard wired from the factory to love and be loved. However... once in your life, if you're really lucky, you find someone that will share a love with you that is unlike any other that you have ever experienced before or ever will again.
When you find that love it doesn't matter what casing that they carry around in this world...they could be male or female...tall or short...skinny or fat...Earthling or Martian (ok just checking to see if you were paying attention...). What matters when you find that love is the completeness...the purity...the depth of that love.
DG wrote, among other things and in no particular order, love is unconditional acceptance... the sacrifice for another... submission... unyielding... patient... (without) boundaries or time constraints... (and) just what you make it.
Occasionally that love comes to fruition and you get that fairy tale happily ever after. Sometimes it doesn't and you find yourself playing the part of Rick to someone else's Laszlo by letting Ilsa go.
When this happens you are faced with two paths to take...one is the descent into the darkness of despair and wallowing in the pain of loss or the other, which is to walk in the light beside the one you love...sharing their happiness, participating in their world, supporting them with every step with unconditional acceptance. Neither path is easy to walk...but you must choose one and stick to it...such is the nature of life.
Yes, I speak from experience...and for the record I have chosen the path in the light...I may not have the happily ever after I looked forward to with that amazing woman - but I do have a different happily ever after with a lifelong Friend that knows me better than anyone in the world (myself included sometimes). I have a place in her life that will never change and a place in her heart that can never be touched by anyone else. All in all...I would say it's not a bad place to be.
I know that DG said that his list wasn't complete...but as a means of wrapping up this post, I want to add something that I think he missed...
Love is...forever...


