Explaining Myself...
Yesterday's post took a long time to get just right and even after posting it, I'm still not sure I did get it just right. As I read it through, I vary between seeing someone that was too weak to have held on to something amazing and seeing someone that was strong enough to do the hardest thing in life...let go. I wasn't seeking pity or affirmation when I wrote it and I'm not seeking them now...I just needed to get out something that has been rattling around inside.I do however feel that I owe DG an apology...a couple of weeks ago you asked if anyone had ever let go of a loved one and I didn't answer. At the time I was still torn up and raw inside from having done that and wasn't ready to share...in fact it took several weeks of walking in a very dark place to get to this point where I could have written what I did yesterday. My friend, I'm sorry I hadn't posted a comment then...perhaps you would have had some advice for a friend in pain...
During that time, there were only 2 people that knew how dark a place I had gone to. One of those people provided me with unwavering support and Friendship through our nightly 'conversations' on IM...and even though I don't think I've ever said it... Thank you!! (You know I've meant to say it...right?) You kept me smiling during those dark weeks - I am eternally in your debt and I will be here for you and yours always. As for the other person...I know that you are still part of my life today only because of the strength of what we share...had there been anything less between us I would not have my Best Friend by my side today...ILY. Now and Always.
Wow...hadn't intended for this post to get so heavy...sorry if it's brought a dark cloud to anyone's Friday. I am truly enjoying my view today. I wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day and a Happy 4th of July weekend to all my friends here in the States. I hope that you get to spend at least part of your weekend enjoying your own view.


