9 Going on 16
Watching TV with my Son last night opened my eyes to something that I'm not quite ready for...it appears that he's 9 going on 16...a very horny 16.We're sitting quietly when suddenly from the other side of the couch I hear "Oh My God, She's HOT!!" My first reaction is to try to figure out who is being referred to - I don't want to miss anything after all...then my second reaction hit...this was my Son saying that. He's 9. I'm so not ready for this...however since he made the outburst, I figure I might as well do a little digging.
The woman in question was indeed a hot brunette...short (compared to the other actors on screen) with a great smile. This is so not what he had been interested in before...until this point he was always drawn to tall blondes. I turned to him and asked him what he just said. His response was 'She's Hot!! What, you weren't thinking it?' I commented that she was a brunette and he likes blondes. He replied 'Not any more, Dad...I've matured.'
With my mind whirring uselessly, I asked him to describe the perfect woman...and he did. 'She's tall...not too tall, maybe 5'3" or 4", that's taller than me, but not too tall...got brown hair...hazel eyes and a great smile." I asked him what color brown hair, light or dark...he replied 'Yes.' OK...."What color is hazel?" Again, he didn't miss a beat "Well it's a blend of brown and green and blue."
My mind immediately went to the women in his life to see who fit that picture...TB? Nope...wrong eye color. TB's mother? Nope...never smiles and wrong hair color. TB's brother's wife? Nope...she's a 6' tall blonde. My brother's wife? Nope...too tall and wrong color eyes. My sister? Nope...Blonde. My mom? Nope...wrong color eyes. His teacher? Nope....a guy...blonde hair if I remember - not that it matters.
Having ruled everyone out, I had to ask if he knew this perfect woman. He said "Not yet, but I will when I see her." How can you argue with that kind of logic?
This morning my mind still hasn't fully recovered, but I'm on my way. I'm just going to sit here and try to enjoy the view until it's back completely...I hope you each get to enjoy your own views...with less mind numbing statements from those in your life.


