Today
Today I took a day out of the precious vacation time that I have with my Son, so that I could go into the city to spend time in court so that this damn divorce might finally be over. First I shaved (something I don't do while on vacation with my Son), then I put on suit, dress shirt, tie and wing-tips (also something I don't do on vacation with my Son) and drove to the train station. The train got me downtown 10 minutes late. I rushed into court...to find that TB and her lawyer hadn't even bothered to show up yet either. They finally showed 20 minutes after I got there...the judge was most displeased that they were a half hour late. She (the judge) looked through the case file before her and then said "Councilors, in my chambers...now."When my lawyer came out of the judge’s chambers, he told me that the judge was pissed because this hadn't been settled. She told TB's lawyer that it would be in his client's best interest to take advantage of this final opportunity to settle the case because 'she won't like the results if she doesn't'. The agreement that the judge 'suggested' that TB sign off on was the first attempt to settle that my lawyer wrote (now almost 2 and a half years ago). This agreement called for true joint custody and TB would retain residency...she would keep all her shit and I would keep all mine...you know - a basic divorce. Since this was the agreement that we wrote, my lawyer told me to go home and he would let me know what TB does. So now I'm in a holding pattern...I wait to see if by some miracle TB did the right thing finally or not. I'm not really holding my breath either way.
I don't know if I'll have a chance to be back online before next week. Just in case...have a very Merry Christmas everyone. I hope all your holiday wishes come true.
Enjoy the view that surrounds you....I know that I will be doing the best to enjoy my own.


