My New View: <b>Out Of The Zone...</b>

Friday, December 08, 2006

Out Of The Zone...

A Friend asked me to write about something that was completely out of my normal comfort zone. Since writing/talking about myself is already out of my normal comfort zone I had to think about this one. After much thought I decided that I would share something that I wouldn't normally.

For as long as I can remember I have had periods where I will experience the same dream for a period of nights, then the dream will leave me just as quickly as it appeared. The dream is always the same, but with each telling or viewing, I gain more detail...more awareness of what is going on around me. I'm currently in a cycle where the dream is with me. If I believed as some distant family members did, I would say that I was not dreaming...but living what is being presented to me. Maybe by sharing it here, everything will make more sense...

Each night, I climb into bed and close my eyes...only to feel myself being nudged gently awake almost immediately. "Wake up, little one.." whispers a velvety voice.."your siblings are all waiting for you..." I open my eyes and they instantly adjust to the near twilight of the cave (CAVE??)...I see Mother as she backs away and turns to go outside. I pull my paws (paws?) under me and scramble along behind her...as I emerge into the sunlight meadow, I see the other cubs as they wrestle in the grass...with a little grunt of warning I run and pounce on one of my brothers...(time passes in a blur)

I'm standing in a river, just at the head of a small waterfall...the cool water rushes around me...it feels good in my fur...but it's just a distraction...I can smell them...the Salamon are coming! I've been so hungry for the past couple of days...I'm going to catch and eat these fish until I'm so full that I can't move...(time passes in a blur)

The cave is warm and dry in spite of the cool rain falling outside...the cubs have been very restless but I can see they are getting tired...their mother is out in the rain looking for something to feed them and I'm on baby-sitting detail...I growl at them as they come tumbling towards me, but they know that I love being used as a climbing toy and they pile all over me...the youngest decides that he's going to use my paw as a pillow and he settles down for a nap...the others notice that he's getting away with it and they all begin to settle down on or near me...(time passes in a blur)

I don't remember the berry bushes being such a long walk away...I can smell them...but my eyesight isn't what it used to be...this last winter seems to have really aged me...I get so tired, so easily...what was I doing again?? I think I'll just lay here in the sun for a bit...

The alarm clock rings and I sit up in bed...rested, but with a head full of memories that are not mine...the smells and sounds of the forest fading from my nose and ears...a hint of berries and fish lingering in my mouth...the urge to nap in the sun is almost strong enough to get me to call in sick...but I know I must go about my day.

I don't know how many more nights the dream will be with me...but I look forward to each night's sleep so I can share that life again...

Enjoy your views today and this weekend...I'll be enjoying the ones presented to me.

Who links to me?