My New View: <b>My Gift</b>

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

My Gift

This morning, someone I'm very close to said something that surprised me a little...they commented that I really was ok with letting go of someone that means the world to me. It surprised me because I'm not really letting go of that person, I never really will, I can't...too much has happened, too much has been shared - we will always be intertwined...I'm just changing my hold and allowing that person to change their own hold on me. By allowing that person to be happy and free to follow their heart, I am selfishly giving myself a greater gift...I get to keep someone in my life that has changed my world for the better.

You see, The Bard was right...'Tis better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all.', for by loving...by sharing ones true self with another, even for an instant in time, we grow as people...we evolve into a truer form of ourselves that can then be shared with others. By loving, completely, unconditionally, limitlessly and endlessly we open ourselves to infinite possibilities in our life.

Mr G's gift to all who may read this today....be yourself...love with all you are...when it's time to go, don't look at the pain of seperation - look instead to the joys of the time shared and the future you hold with a Friend that you can never replace.

Who links to me?