We Survived!!!
Before I give you all a rundown of yesterday, I've got a question....ever have a day that should have been amazing, but turned out to be just another good day because you couldn't share it with someone you wanted to??? The reason that I ask is because as great as yesterday was, I know that it would have been better still if I could have shared it right away by text or phone...but that still didn't dampen the day completely.Turns out that my Son has the short game that I've been missing in my golf experience. Not only did he manage to 2 put most of the holes on the mini-golf course, but he got the only hole in one of our game. Yes, that's right...I had my butt handed to me by an 8 year old on the mini-golf course yesterday. To make matters worse...he took my cell-phone and called everyone that he knows to brag about the hole in one right after he did it...the conversations all went something like this "Hi, it's me. Just wanted to let you know that I just got a hole in one and I'm waiting for Daddy to finish so I can hit on the 16th hole. Talk to you soon." Sometimes I almost wish that my Son wasn't so much like me...
Ok...where was I....oh yeah, as we are finishing the 18th hole - the Manager of the place comes over. I'm starting to think this might be a good thing...she's in her late 20's-early 30's, blonde, attractive...yup you guessed it - she completely ignored me and spent 5 minutes talking directly with my Son...who's 8. Not even a glance in my direction...the kid is that good. We eventually finish the hole and as we are leaving, she gave him a coupon for a free round of play because "You're just the cutest thing I've ever seen."
So we leave the mini-golf place and go to the Nearly World Famous Brat Stop for lunch...where my Son works his magic yet again. Every waitress in the building passed our table and smiled at him at least once while we were there...somehow his glass of chocolate milk never emptied, he got 2 bags of chips with his knockwurst and he wound up with desert that never got added onto the bill. Me?? I got my bratwurst, one bag of chips, one RC cola (that emptied itself quite nicely, thank you for asking) and the bill. Yes, I tipped heavily...it was the least I could do. *Sighs*
So today we're off in the other direction...yup going to take the little man to the Big City. He asked to go to the Art Institute today, so we're off to catch a train. It'll have us down there in time for the doors to open and we'll spend the day looking at some of the most amazing works of art ever created. Enjoy your own view today...I'll definitely be enjoying mine.


